Sometimes it can be a hassle knowing what makeup products to keep with you all the time.
Unfortunately, most makeup users just stuff everything they can in their purse or bag, just in case.
However, there are makeup lovers out there who know exactly just what’s necessary.
I decided to ask 18 influencers located in NY:
What top 3 makeup products do you carry with you at all times?
The results I received were quite fascinating. I’ve listed all of them below.
A young woman who started blogging from the days of when Xanga and Myspace came into existence. She has a keen interest in writing and sharing her words with others. From spending many of her teenage years coding HTML and CSS on Myspace, she evolved into making her own website to help inspire others to reach their goals. On her website, Kasey writes about styles of fashion, lifestyle, and beauty and based on her expertise in beauty/makeup, her must 3 recommended makeup products are:
My three must-haves are below:
1. Lip Balm – Kopari’s Coconut Lip Glossy and Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Balm
2. Bare Minerals Matte Powder Foundation for touchups
3. Kabuki Brush for Powder touchups!
The top three makeup products I carry with me at all time are:
1. Elf Cosmetics lip gloss
2. House of Lashes eyelash glue
3. and Macs studio fix powder
An international marketing veteran of the beauty industry. She has done many influencer campaigns with major cosmetic brands such as L’Oreal and Lise Watier. She is also an eBay influencer as well as Skype’s Global Beauty Brand Ambassador. She currently has a website that’s ranked in one of the top 50 U.S. Fashion & Beauty Blogs To Watch and Learn From By iFabbo and was awarded the 2013 Five Diamond Blogger Award. When asked what her top 3 makeup products are, she said:
My top 3 are:
1. Black eyeliner (usually Stila, Marc Jacobs or Urban Decay),
2. Foundation (It Cosmetics Confidence in a Serum it’s the best for touchups),
3. And a bright pink lipstick, I use a variety but usually carry Maybelline Color Balm Crayon in Pink Smooch with me in the summer.
A woman with many outstanding experiences. She has been a multi-media journalist, television host, producer, model, entrepreneur, and even a former Miss Teen USA that also has a love for beauty, fashion, and pop culture. Ever since she was a child, she was very fascinated with makeup which led to her destined career in beauty. Kamie also had a desire to spread positive messages to men and women across the globe for those who feel uncomfortable wearing any greater than average clothing sizes. During her time in college, she started her own lifestyle brand called NOX and she is now a self-proclaimed “#girlboss” with the passion for being the next big change in the fashion world. From what she has to say, here are her top 3 makeup products to have at all times:
1. Lip Balm – I love Aquaphor and Kopari’s Coconut Lip Glossy
2. Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape & MAC Studio Fix are my faves!
3. Lip Gloss – Maybelline, Colourpop, MAC, Fenty – you name it, I probably have it in my purse.
A Nigerian makeup artist that loves to vlog on YouTube about beauty, fashion, hair, and makeup. What distinguishes Oma from other beauty influencers is her unfortunate suffering of severe acne. Despite that though, she is an individual who is talented enough to showcase how to apply makeup to cover acne effortlessly. Her praised 3 carries on makeup items are:
I carry –
1. Blotting paper
2. Blotting powder
3. Lip gloss
An influencer who loves New York but is ethnically from Central Asia and Russia began her modeling career since she was 13 years old. She is now an international fashion model with over 7 years of experience in the industry. Aside from being a successful model, Karina also has a keen interest in fashion, style, and loves to dance. From the looks of her background, she suggested 3 makeup products which are:
1. Dior mascara
2. Lancôme lip plumper
3. Guerlain lip stain
My 3 must have products in my bag are:
1. A beauty sponge – My real techniques diamond sponge
2. A nude matte liquidlipstick – Dose of color liquid lipstick in “knock on wood”
3. Eyelash Glue– Duo clear brush on eyelash adhesive
She started her own Jewelry business when she was at the age of 15 years old. She was always passionate about entrepreneurship and business and decided to later major in marketing & finance at NYU. Stephanie also enjoys traveling and trying on travel sized beauty products. From her experience sampling many beauty products, she likes to always carry around:
In my bag, I always have my:
1. Mount Lai mini jade roller
2. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
3. Glossier Rose Balm Dotcom
(If I could add a fourth, I would include the Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers.)
A running on stud’s blogger who has a thrill for writing about fashion, beauty, wellness, fitness and traveling. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in communication and has lots of experience in PR marketing. She loves speaking her mind and giving other people life advice. As a beauty blogger, she also enjoys trying out products that keep her skin healthy and clean. She prefers to carry around:
1. Glossier, Balm Dotcom in Coconut
2. Dior, Diorshow Mascara in Black
3. Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask
Probably one of the very few or only fashionista that has a law degree and is also into fashion blogging. She is also the owner of a luxury designer resale e-commerce store called Loved Labels. She really enjoys sharing her style and just has a passion for expressing herself about her life involvements. As she goes around doing her thing in Beverley heels, she chooses to carry around:
1. Ruby Woo (or the closet red matte lipstick I can find)
2. White eyeliner
She began her makeup artist career at the young age of 13 years old. At first, she worked at a small beauty store as a sweeper and handled inventory. However, after working there for some time she wondrously found her inner talent by getting herself involved in makeup. She is now being flown across the world for her amazing talent and she likes to always carry with her:
Top products are:
1. Aquaphor … a must have for me!
2. Brow pencil (with a spooli!) my favorite is Anastasia brow wiz in caramel
3. Highlighter! I love Nars in Hot Sand
The Brazilian vlogger and blogger that typically writes and talks in Portuguese but also challenges herself to also do it in English. In 2014, her and her husband moved to New York to start a new life that’ll be full of opportunities. She fell in love with New York and now Laura devotes a lot of her time going around the streets to help her majority of Brazilian followers feel the city that never sleeps. With the love and amity for fashion and beauty as well, Laura uses:
My products are:
1. Liquid matte lipstick – specially Colour Pop ones
2. A cushion foundation – Korean Beauty Peripera has my heart right now
3. Mascara – L’Oréal Miss Manga is a favorite
A fabulous beauty influencer who went to beauty school and studied cosmetology. She has a background working in a law firm as well as being a bookkeeper. Using her expertise in business, she became a freelance makeup artist who exploits her talent all over the United States. As a freelancer, she typically carries:
The products I carry with me at all times are
1. Lip Balm
2. The lipstick I am wearing for the day
3. Mini Mario Badescu Aloe, Herb Rosewater Spray for a nice refreshing spritz when needed.
So what are 3 makeup products I carry with me? Definitely
1. My lipstick I always make sure to touch up!
2. My face powder for any touch ups since my t zone gets oily at times,
3. Lash glue just in case an eyelash decides to fly out on me lol.
A mom influencer who passionately blogs and vlogs about beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. Not only is she an influencer but she also works in corporate America to help provide for her family. In her blog, she also discusses important matters that a lot of women face. She talks about her personal challenges and how she tries to overcome them which helps her connect with her audience. Through vlogging, she makes tutorials on how to apply certain makeup to make any person’s face look cute and gorgeous. She likes to carry:
Only 3 products? Oh boy, that’s tough!
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz for sure!
2. Lip products! I always have a lip balm, a gloss and a matte liquid lipstick – you never know what you’re going to need.
3. Face powder – it’s great to be able to blot oily skin and touch up during the day.
Aone of a kind track runner, a businesswoman, and a freelance makeup artist. Throughout her university studies and business administration career, she used to do makeup art on the side. Over time it became something she specialized in and now she works with MAC Cosmetics as one of their beauty makeup artists. What she regularly carries with are:
Makeup products I carry with me at all times varies depending on the season. But currently:
1. MAC Fix +
2. Duo Eyelash Glue
3. ELF plumping lip gloss in Champagne Glam
The self-taught makeup artist that wants to help others also look dazzlingly beautiful struggled to learn how to apply makeup on her own. She was the oldest child in her family who had little guidance on how to put makeup on properly. Going through what she went through, her boyfriend encouraged her to start a hobby which then led Felicia to turn beauty and lifestyle blogging into a passion. Through her passion of blogging, she is able to connect with others to assist them to go through the struggles she personally faced. From her experience learning, here is what she had to say:
My top 3 makeup products I always carry with me are the following:
1. Givenchy Mascara– I work in corporate and you never know when you are going to look a decent more presentable. This mascara always comes in handy and always does the trick. It makes my no lashes come to life!
2. Just like mascara another necessity that is going to be with me would be lipstick. You never know when you are going to need a pop of color .
3. Lastly, I will always have chap stick in my bag too! It’s been cold here in NYC & the cold just doesn’t want to leave! Cold weather
usually = chapped lips. You never know when you are going to be in dire need of some serious moisture.
Now let’s turn things around and ask you,
What do you consider your top 3 on the go makeup products?
Let us know by leaving your comments below.